What are 4 types of context clues?
- Context Clue #1: Definition or Restatement.
- Context Clue #2: Synonym.
- Context Clue #3: Antonym /Opposite/Contrast.
- Context Clue #4: Example or Explanation.
Click to see full answer
Considering this, what are the 5 types of context clues?
The five types of context clues are:
- Definition/Explanation Clues. Sometimes a word's or phrase's meaning is explained immediately after its use.
- Restatement/Synonym Clues. Sometimes a hard word or phrase is said in a simple way.
- Contrast/Antonym Clues.
- Inference/General Context Clues.
Secondly, how many types of context clues are there? four kinds
Regarding this, what are the types of context clues and examples?
Here are some Context Clues examples!
- Synonym or Restatement Context Clues:
- Antonym or Contrast Context Clues:
- Definition or Explanation Context Clues:
- General or Inference Context Clues:
- Punctuation or Font Context Clues:
- Tone or Mood Context Clues:
What are context clues?
Context clues are hints that an author gives to help define a difficult or unusual word within a book. The clue may appear within the same sentence as the word to which it refers or it may follow in the next sentence.